Sunday, September 18, 2005

Abita aids the LDRF


Louisiana's Abita Brewery, famous (or infamous) for brews like Turbodog and Purple Haze, is releasing a special 'Fleur-de-lis Restoration Ale' this October to benefit the Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation. A buck per six-pack and 100% of proceeds from merchandising products will go to the foundation, whose mission is to provide both immediate assistance and long term restoration aid to LA families and communities.

The cynic in me furrowed my eyebrows when I first read that merchandising schwag was on the table as part of this effort, but I checked out the little pins and ribbons and thought: well, shit, if I was gonna design a pin to sell and donate the proceeds, that's exactly what it would look like. So yeah, right on.

So whether or not you're a fan of the brew (I plead the fifth), consider grabbing a pin and a hat, or perhaps a car magnet (one that is actually benefitting someone!) and show off some Louisiana love.

Clinkies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home