Saturday, August 13, 2005

I'm leaving on a jet plane, people!

This time tomorrow, I'm on a plane headed to San Francisco, wherefrom I shall drive my little self in my rental car to St. Helena for a four-day varietal class at the CIA Greystone. I've never been to Napa; what will it be like? Will people be laid back, basking in the noonday sun, or sitting up in some swank-ass cafe, nibbling on Cal-Asian fusion cuisine and talking about labor problems with the Mexicans? Will I be able to purchase a sandwich for under ten dollars? Will there be any shop, hotel, or gas station bathroom not playing Vivaldi? I can't wait to find out.

After my class, I drive back to San Francisco, pick up my sistah over at Japan-O-Matic, and together we begin the 2005 Food, Wine and Kanji Tour of the city. I promise a full report!

Clinkies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home