Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Bumming by the Waterside

Greetings from Corona Del Mar/Newport Beach, land of the fresh sea air, tranquil rolling waves immaculately trimmed lawns. So nice to be among The Beautiful People, the ones who remind us that you haven't really lived until you've paid eighteen bucks for a martini. Which brings me to an important point about said beverage: bartenders of the world, please learn how to make them like I like 'em. Shake the shit out of them, c'mon, put your back into it! I wanna see a gossamer thin layer of ice crystals floating atop my vodka, reflecting the orange glints of the sunset.

I'm all set to begin posting the California leg of my trip, starting with the nice people I met in Ramona Valley. That'll happen just as soon as I'm done exploring the beach. And done with my martini hangover. Stay tuned, people.

Oh, and I'd like to give a shout-out to Jim Huston of the Wine Gallery in Corona Del Mar, who let me return a corked Brunello, and set me up with a nicely priced Crozes-Hermitage. Thanks, guy! And yeah, I know...I'm supposed to be drinking California juice. And I am. Really.

Clinkies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Your journey sounds like a lot of fun. Please visit us in the new and up-and-coming central San Joaquin Valley. No longer only the home of jug wine. They scoffed at the Central Coast in the beginning. As new winemakers look to make their mark in an accessible market, the Valley will be the next big hit. Events - Madera Wine Trail June 10th and 11th. May 19 -Lodi ZinFest. Cheers!

9:42 PM  
Blogger taj said...

I'll check 'er out, thanks!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home