Saturday, January 13, 2007

Whatever happened to that Cork and Demon gal?

What is it with life, always wanting to nudge its way into your blogging time? Doesn't it know that Mankind has spent centuries trying to get to a place where one can just sit around and gratify oneself with one's own musings? The very idea that things like divorce, changes in financial status, the holidaze and switching jobs might interfere with this noble pursuit is a damn shame.

Be that as it is, I can't very well just leave this little site to wither on the Island of Lost Blogs, poor thing. Especially after all the trouble I went through, doing all that traveling, tasting and interviewing last year on the Western Wine Tour.

The Texas wine segment was fun for a while, but requires more research than I have time for now. So back to doing what I do best: drinking all kinds of vino from all over and telling you how great they were (or weren't), as well as proper wine pairings. And since everybody pairs wine with food, I'll focus on other pairings for wine. For instance, which juice best compliments the HBO series Rome? What should one drink when overwhelmed with suburban ennui? After a one-night stand? Before attending a Baptist dry wedding reception, and after said event? All these questions and more will be the schtuff of my posts.

There is a wine for everyone, and every situation, and I hope to discover them all. And as I've stepped back into the role of bartender, there's no sense in my neglecting my other favorite spirits as well. Ah, sweet gin...a proper martini makes everything all right again....

So check in, people. My vino-swilling ass is back.

Clinkies!


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! So much has happened since you left. I don't even know where to start, lol.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you, Taj!

6:50 AM  
Blogger jens at cincinnati wine said...

It's like riding a bike. You open that new bottle of wine. Swirl and sniff. Take a picture. Blurt out the first 50 words that pop into your head and then post them!

You're blogging again!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For years when they were little, my kids were deathly afraid of the French demon pulling the cork out of the bottle that you use in your logo.

They called it the Hot Sauce Monster because to them it looked like a green demon with a bottle of hot sauce. They're older now and unafraid but they still won't put the poster I bought of that thing up in their rooms.

Anyway, I just noticed it, is it new perhaps? Or did I just miss it before?

Welcome back.

6:09 PM  
Blogger zorra said...

Welcome back!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taj,

Love your profile and your site.
Speaking of swedish metal. Here is a swedish girl that loves wine and chocolate, with some video as well.

check it out

http://www.tastesoflife.blogspot.com/

6:19 PM  
Blogger Japan-O-Matic! said...

Now that you mention it, what juice does compliment the HBO series "Rome?" Perhaps something Italian, rustic and full-bodied? Something quaffable over a platter of roasted hare and figs? All I know is it's GOTTA be a red...

10:09 AM  
Blogger s'kat said...

Lovely! I miss your snarky and fun postings.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home