Saturday, May 07, 2005

A fine 'wop' wine

If you're here, then you don't need to know this, but I've changed the URL to:
http://thecorkanddemon.blogspot.com for your convenience. Or, actually, for mine.

OMFG, you will not believe what some people say to me at my wineshop. Okay, so this scrawny Westlake jackass comes up to me and says: "Yeah, I'm a red wine drinker myself, man. I don't go for that white crap, that stuff's for the ladies. My wife loves that Pinot Grigio stuff, and she's got a bunch of her little friends coming over, so can you point me in the direction of the wop wines?"

I ask you, gentle readers, how can someone stand there and show their ass like that without one singular dot of dignity? What in fuck makes this guy think this is an acceptible question? All I could muster was a befuddled "...wow..." and a gesture in the direction of the Italian section. Otherwise, I would've been collecting unemployment.

So, in honor of my gimme-cap sporting dickless moron, I offer one of my latest favorite white wop wines:

2003 Benito Favaro Erbaluce di Caluso

This is a beautifully golden juice with citrus rind on the nose, light bodied with zippy acidity, and flavors of grapefruit, lemon rind, green melon and minerals. Perfect with the herbed tilapia the Hub just cooked up. Retails for around 20 bucks or so. Definitely worth it; you can pay less for an Italian white, but you're not gonna get the magic.

Okay, I got to eat my din-din, or the Hub will be miffed. God Bless all wine-making wops!

Clinkies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home