Friday, April 15, 2005

2 Brothers 2003 Big Tattoo Red

David Frum is a pompous, pontificating, bubble-dwelling idiot. I'm sitting here, watching the Bill Mahr show, and absolutely loving the saucy, sassy Natalie Maines from the Dixie Chicks totally talk over this asshole. Who knew a buxom Southern Blonde could be a smart, well informed debater on a national cable show? I DID! Yee haw, all y'all!!!

What does this have to do with wine, you wonder? Not a damn thing. It's just what I'm watching while I drink this:

2 Brothers 2003 Big Tattoo Red

I picked this up a couple of months ago, and kept ignoring it because it always seemed like it would be too heavy and fruity for my post-work mood. Picked it tonight because I was hesistant to open any of my favorite little bottles, since I'm hosting a wine tasting for me and the boys tomorrow night (the hub is a vendor and has some wines too show off).

Well, it didn't do a thing for the herb roasted chicken I devoured, and it had a bit of copper penny taste to blow off, but once it did, this bastard child of syrah and cab sauv is pretty decent. Touch of anise, smooth. The hub says there's a hint of stale smoke on the nose, like a bar at closing time, but I'm thinking that's just our living room. Up front, there's a little stemmy thing....

The hub and I agree that it's not a fantastic wine. But it's not bad, and I think the softness and ample fruit are pleasant. Plus, you have to appreciate the story on the back, which tells of the two brothers, one a tattoo artist and the other a wine importer, who made this wine in honor of their mother, who passed away from cancer. They donate an impressive portion of their proceeds to cancer related charities.

Hey man, in a rough world, I'm gonna give that a hearty 'hell yes!'. Buy the juice. But drink it after all the good stuff is gone.

Clinkies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home